Organize to be Heard is a competition to see which youth leaders can generate the most activity to raise awareness with our elected officials about the importance of passing climate change legislation NOW. The Consequence Campaign is working with Senator John Kerry’s office to encourage America’s youth to take action.
This contest lasts throughout the month of November and you can join anytime. You will receive points based on the activities you engage in!
• Media Coverage: 50 points
• Printed Letter to the Editor: 25 points
• Letter to Representative: 10 points
• Call to Representative: 5 points
• Signing Petition: 2 points
All points will be added up at the beginning of December and the top point earners will win a free trip to D.C. to meet with non-profit leaders, and elected officials! Don’t waste any time! Register now and start making a difference.
Are your interests more international? Do you want President Obama to take a stand at Copenhagen and show the world we’re ready to lead the way to a clean energy economy?
Tell the President: It’s Game Time Obama!
This movement asks President Obama to take 3 key actions during November:
1. Invite young leaders to discuss climate and energy issues with him and his staff.
2. Follow up on that meeting with a public speech outlining specific goals for national and international climate policy.
3. Publicly commit to attend the international climate negotiations in Copenhagen. Tell President Obama that as Captain of the U.S.A. it’s time he lead his team to victory against climate change! Or stop by NWF’s Action Page and send President Obama a “ticket” to Copenhagen.
No matter how you choose to take action. The important thing is that you take action NOW!