Nashville State has a perfect location for the campus to become “Bicycle Friendly”.
- It is on the Music City Bikeway.
- It has a greenway that runs through it.
- All of its 10,000 students, faculty, and staff get to campus by some means of transportation.
- The college teaches architectural design courses and emphasizes LEED principles. (Leadership in Engineering and Environmental Design)
- One class this Spring designed a “bike-friendly campus” plan for NSCC.
- The obesity rate in Nashville is very high.
- The college should be encouraging active transportation. It is cheaper in a lot ways than everyone driving cars.
Check out The League of American Bicyclists Bicycle Friendly University program.
Check out this bike share program: On Bike Share
“Bike share is quickly growing in popularity as a convenient, cost-effective, sustainable approach to alternative transportation.”
“The use of bicycle on campus is greatly encouraged as a best way of daily transportation…” Nashville, TN is now a “Bicycle Friendly City” by the League of American Bicyclists.