Archive for the ‘Meetings’ Category
The silk-screens are ready. Please reply if you would like to meet and print some shirts, and possibly some bike flags, too.
FALL CAMPUS CLEAN_UP
- Did this with the ECC and SGA
- In conjunction the Student Science Association we took part in the Tennessee Tree Project givaway and donated / planted indiginous tree-seedlings to the Dominican Sisters at Aquinis at St. Thomas Hospitol and the following 5 local elementary / middle schools in hopes that this would inspire students to be reminded of caring for the environment:
- West End Middle
- JT Moore Middle
- Westmeade Elementary
- Charlotte Park Elementary
- Kirkpatrick Elementary
- Due to the efforts of Sally Robertson, our “Biking Librarian” ;-), we established wonderful Environmental Librarian’s Blog page which posts updated events, happening, and links. It can be accessed at:
RECYCLING at NSCC
- We re-established aluminum can recycling on campus – helping generate money that will be used toward the campus!
- We proposed a plastic reclying pilot program on our campus – and just got word that it was APPROVED!!
- In conjunction with Environmental Concerns Committee, we gave away trees (for a suggested donation of $1.00) to all the students, faculty and staff during Spring Fling.
CULINARY BREAKFAST FOR BICYCLE COMMUTERS AND WALKERS TO CAMPUS
- As an incentive to encourage students to consider biking or walking instead of driving to school, we hosted a “Biking/Walking Breakfast”, serving homemade yogurt, granola and fresh fruit made by the Escoffier Society. Ross donated coffee and juice for bikers and walkers.
- We involved students from Pricilla Nash’s graphic arts practicum class to design a logo for Green Sleeves. Then we voted and chose Sarah Knox’s to be our official Green Sleeves logo!
- For our last meeting in the Spring we had a pizza/silk-screening party to print Sarah’s logo on t-shirts.
- We also printed bookmarks with the new official logo.
- We had 2 successful jewelry fundraisers. One in Feb (2 day event) and one April 15 (1 day, Spring Fling). Earning us $40.00 for each day.